Staying In The Know
- Check www.columbia.edu and the Alerts and Announcements page on this site regularly.
- Tune to local television and news radio for the most recent updates about any mass illnesses or weather situations and where to seek help.
- Check your Columbia email regularly.
- If you feel ill during an emergency, contact your healthcare provider:
- Students on the Morningside campus: (212) 854-2284
- Students at CUMC: (212) 305-340
- Faculty & Staff: Contact your personal healthcare provider.
- During times of widespread danger, emergency phone numbers may be overwhelmed. Only call police or Public Safety if you are in immediate danger.
- Program the Emergency Contacts numbers into your phone so you can use them instantly during an emergency.
- Call the Columbia main switchboard at (212) 851-1754 to hear recorded updates.
Sign up for the Emergency Text Message System:
During emergencies, the University emails faculty, staff, and students who may be affected. However, in the event of an urgent situation, the University's Emergency Text Message Notification System is the most convenient and reliable means of getting real-time information. Some possible scenarios for Columbia choosing to send you a text message include weather emergencies, major transit interruptions, and campus closures.
For more information and to sign up, visit the Emergency Notification page.