Feb. 18 Snow/Campus Updates
Updated 2/18/21 at 4:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service expects additional snow and sleet accumulations of 1 to 3 inches through Friday afternoon (2/19), with total accumulations of 6 to 8 inches by the end of the event on Friday in the city and surrounding areas. A light glaze of ice accumulation is also possible Thursday night. The Facilities teams have been hard at work clearing snow as it falls.
Below is a list of current campus impacts. Check your school’s website for any weather-related changes. Please stay safe, exercise caution and allow extra travel time.
Morningside/Manhattanville Campus Updates
- Medical Services at John Jay Hall is scheduled to operate 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 18. All other Columbia Health units will provide remote services.
- The COVID-19 testing center at Lerner Hall is anticipated to operate on its normal schedule, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Thursday, Feb. 18.
- Columbia Dining anticipates normal operations. Check the Columbia Dining website for the latest updates as conditions change.
- Lerner Hall anticipates regular hours and operations on Thursday, Feb. 18.
- Closures of campus gates and/or perimeter stairs may be made as conditions require. Check the Columbia Preparedness website during the storm for real-time updates.
Columbia University Irving Medical Center Updates
- The COVID-19 testing center at the Alumni Auditorium is anticipated to operate on its normal schedule, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Thursday, Feb. 18.
- 50 Haven Athletic Center will be closed on Thursday, Feb. 18. Visit the 50 Haven Athletic Center Website for additional operations updates.
- Student Health on Haven will operate remotely on Thursday, Feb. 18. Visit its website for additional schedule updates.
- The Knowledge Center at the Augustus C. Long Health Sciences Library will be open for normal operations on Thursday, Feb. 18. Visit the library’s website for the latest operational updates.
- The Faculty Club Grab and Go Café anticipates normal operations on Thursday, Feb. 18. The student meal plan also will operate as scheduled. Visit the Faculty Club website for the latest updates as conditions change.
- The lower level one entrance of Hammer Health Sciences Center is temporarily closed. To enter the building, please use the main ADA-accessible entrance.
- All CUIMC Facilities-managed mail rooms will be temporarily closed and Custodial Services will operate on a modified cleaning and trash pick-up schedule through approximately Friday, Feb. 19. We will continue to provide additional service updates as they become available.
- Please report any unsafe conditions, such as building floods, falling ice, or flying debris from nearby buildings and/or construction sites, to CUIMC Facilities Management immediately at 212-305-HELP (4357), option 3.
University Shuttle Updates
- The Intercampus, Commuter, and Fort Lee shuttles are operating on Thursday, Feb. 18. While the shuttles are operating, expect delays due to road conditions and check the Passio Go! app for real-time bus locations. Please check the Transportation website during the storm prior to traveling for possible closures and additional impacts.
- Service for the Public Safety Evening Shuttle (operated by Via) for Thursday, Feb. 18 is starting on schedule and will continue to be evaluated based on road conditions. A message will be sent through the app if service is suspended. Check the Via app for real-time operational changes. Anticipate longer wait times than usual due to road conditions.
- The Lamont Shuttle is not operating on Thursday, Feb. 18 because the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory campus is closed.
- The Arbor Shuttle is anticipated to operate with delays due to road conditions on Thursday, Feb. 18. Any changes to operations will be communicated to Arbor residents.
In Case of Emergency
For assistance with campus and building services, contact Facilities at 212-854-2222 at Morningside/Manhattanville, and 212-305-HELP (4357) option 3, at the Medical Center. For students living in the Morningside residence halls, the Hartley Hospitality Desk can be reached 24/7 at 212-854-2779. For any other emergency, please contact Public Safety at 212-854-5555 (Morningside), 212-853-3333 (Manhattanville), 212-305-7979 (CUIMC), or 911 if appropriate.
Please stay safe and exercise extreme caution when traveling.