Class and Service Updates for November 2, 5:30 p.m.
Resumption of Classes
The School of the Arts will resume graduate classes in Visual Arts and Writing on Wednesday, November 7. All other classes in the School of the Arts will continue to meet.
All students should continue to contact individual schools for answers to questions about classes and other important information.
Campus Services Update
- Columbia Transportation: Intercampus and Ft. Lee/GWB shuttles resumed normal schedules Thursday, 11/1/12.
- Lamont-Doherty shuttle continues to operate on limited schedule. There will be no service to and from Lamont on Saturday, November 3.
- Shuttle service will resume on all routes, Monday, November 5. There will be no shuttle service on the Morningside campus and Lamont on Tuesday, November 6.
Columbia Dining: The Butler Library Coffee Bar will be open Saturday, November 3 from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 to 5:00 p.m. Other dining locations including, John Jay Dining Hall; JJ's Place Ferris Booth Commons; Hartley Kosher Deli & C-store; Blue Java-Dodge; Lenfest Café; Uris Deli; Carleton Lounge; and Cafe 212 will reopen on Wednesday, November 7.
- Columbia Health: Alice! Health Promotion, Disability Services Morningside, Sexual Violence Response, Gay Health Advocacy Project (GHAP), and Insurance and Immunization Compliance Office resumed normal business hours on Wednesday, 10/31/2012.
- Counseling and Psychological Services continues to be open on a shortened clinical schedule Friday, November 2 and Monday, November 5, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., closed on Tuesday, November 6. CPS will resume normal clinical hours and walk-in counseling offices Wednesday, November 7.
- Medical Services continues to operate on a limited schedule Friday, November 2 and Monday, November 5, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will be closed Saturday, November 3 and Tuesday, November 6.
- Lerner Hall will operate on a limited schedule Friday, November 2 through Tuesday, November 6, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Resuming normal operating hours on Wednesday, November 7.
Public Transportation Service Update
- MTA Subway
- Local, limited-stop, and express bus service are operating as close to a normal weekday schedule as possible. Normal fare resumes Saturday, November 3.
- 2 trains will operate between 241st Street (Bronx) and 34 St-Penn Station, with express service between 96th Street and Times Square
- Check the MTA’s subway recovery map for more information.
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo also announced limited hourly service has been restored to the busiest Long Island rail lines for the Huntington, Babylon, Ronkonkoma, Port Jefferson and Port Washington branches. More information can be found at http://www.mta.info/lirr.
- NJ Transit
- Buses will cross-honor rail passes, due to continued suspension of rail and light rail operations, according to the New Jersey Transit.
- Bridges and Tunnels
- All MTA bridges are reopened for vehicular traffic, including Throgs Neck Bridge; Bronx-Whitestone Bridge; Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, Marine Parkway-Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge.
- East River bridges and the Lincoln Tunnel continue to operate on High Occupancy Vehicle 3-person rule for passenger cars entering Manhattan.
- LaGuardia, JFK and Newark Airports have reopened with limited service, according to the Port Authority.
- Ferry Service
- The Staten Island Ferry resumed service at 12:00 noon Friday, November 2.
For those who need to travel or commute to and from campus, please note that the MTA, Port Authority and New Jersey Transit continues to share public transportation schedules at www.mta.info, www.panynj.gov and www.njtransit.com.
As our on-campus Dining, Health, Transportation and other operations restore services, we continue to express gratitude to the dedicated members of our community who are working to bring campus back to life.
Please check the Preparedness site often. We will continue to provide information here: http://preparedness.columbia.edu/alerts