Winter Storm Update, 2/5/2013
The worst of today’s winter storm appears to be over, and we anticipate normal operations for the rest of today, February 5. The Emergency Management Operations Team continues to monitor conditions.
Please continue to exercise caution as you travel today. We urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed.
Morningside Campus Updates
Classes and events are proceeding as scheduled.
- We advise students and members of the University community to confirm specific details with faculty or event sponsors if necessary.
The following Morningside campus gates are closed for snow removal and icy conditions:
- College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam)
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building is now closed due to hazardous conditions. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Please note the following Columbia Transportation updates:
- All shuttles are in service, but may be experiencing delays. For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
- Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call 212-854-2222, 24 hours a day.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
- CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 212-305-HELP or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Public Safety, dial 212-305-8100 for routine matters or 212-305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
- Updates for the CUMC community will be posted and updated at http://bit.ly/CUMC_Advisory.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website: www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/ and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
Again, please use caution when traveling, and dress in warm layers if you need to be outside.