Winter Storm Update, 1/3/2014
The worst of the winter storm has passed, but the National Weather Service forecast still predicts bitterly cold temperatures will continue along with strong gusts of wind this afternoon. We urge members of the community to continue to exercise caution and dress in warm layers when traveling or going outside.
Morningside Campus Service Updates
- Please note that during snow removal, the University is working to keep the main gates of the Morningside campus open at 116th Street, at both Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue. The following gates will be closed during snow removal – Chapel Gate, Earl Hall Gate, CPSR Gate, NW Corner Staircase.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
- Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222, 24 hours a day.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website:www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update this website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/ and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.