University Open for Normal Operations, 1/22/2014
The worst of the winter storm has passed, but the National Weather Service forecast still predicts lingering snowfall, strong winds and unusually cold temperatures today.
For Wednesday, January 22nd, the University is open for normal operations. Please continue to exercise caution and dress in warm layers when traveling or going outside.
Please review the specific updates below to plan your morning commute.
Morningside Campus Updates
Classes and events are proceeding as scheduled.
- We advise students and members of the University community to confirm specific details with faculty or event sponsors if necessary.
- All Morningside campus gates are now open.
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building is closed due to hazardous conditions. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Please note the following Columbia Transportation updates:
- All shuttles are in service but experiencing delays.
- For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
- Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222, 24 hours a day.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 305-HELP or email email@example.com. For Public Safety, dial (212) 305-8100 for routine matters or (212) 305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
Updates for the CUMC community will be posted and updated at http://bit.ly/CUMC_Advisory.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website:http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website:www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website:http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/ and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
Again, please exercise caution when traveling, and dress in warm layers if you need to be outside.