Sign Up for Emergency Text Message Notifications
In the event of an urgent situation, the University's Emergency Text Message Notification System is the most convenient and reliable means of getting real-time up-to-date in formation to you. Some possible scenarios for Columbia choosing to send you a text message include weather emergencies, major transit interruptions and campus closures.
- Log in to https://ssol.columbia.edu/ with your UNI and password.
- Under "Text Message Enrollment," enter up to three mobile phone numbers.
- Click "Save."
Faculty & Staff:
- Log in with your UNI and password at https://my.columbia.edu.
- Select “Faculty & Staff” at the top of the page.
- Click "Update Personal Information.”
- Select “Change phone numbers.”
- Select “Add a phone number.”
- Next, select one of the “Campus Alert” fields from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your mobile number (University-provided or personal).
- Use the remaining two “Campus Alert” fields to enter up to two other mobile numbers you would like to receive emergency notifications.
- Click “Save.”
Text message notifications will be used only in rare circumstances to notify you of critical information regarding urgent situations.
The University typically conducts tests of the Text Message Notification System twice a year. Members of the community are notified of the test in advance. These tests will not require you to do anything, and will provide familiarity with the text message notification system in the event that we need to use it for urgent information.