Update on Weather Conditions & Campus Services
Sunday, January 24, 2016 at 11:00 am
The weather emergency has concluded and the Emergency Management Operations Team (EMOT) is monitoring clean-up conditions on campus and in the wider New York City area after yesterday’s near-record snowfall.
We anticipate normal operations for tomorrow, Monday, January 25. Thank you to all University staff whose dedication and hard work enabled us to work through the storm and quickly resume normal operations.
Based on the latest information, we have the following additional updates:
The Morningside campus is accessible, and most walkways are clear. Facilities and Operations will continue snow removal throughout today and tomorrow. Please continue to exercise caution as you navigate campus.
- The Morningside campus is accessible, and most walkways are clear. Facilities and Operations will continue snow removal throughout today and tomorrow. Please continue to exercise caution as you navigate campus.
Morningside Campus Services
- Dining Services is operating on a modified schedule:
- Columbia University Libraries are operating on a modified schedule today, Sunday, January 24. Butler Library remains open as a 24-hour study space. Please visit the Libraries website for the revised operating schedule.
Lerner Hall and the Columbia Bookstore are operating on a normal schedule today, Sunday, January 24.
- The city has lifted the road travel ban and subway lines are slowly returning to schedule, many on modified service.
- Alternate side of the street parking is still suspended through Monday, January 25, to facilitate snow removal.
- We anticipate that the Intercampus Shuttle will be running on its normal schedule tomorrow, January 25. We recommend checking the Transportation website for updates.
If more updates become available, we will continue to post new information to the Columbia Preparedness Website at http://preparedness.columbia.edu. Medical Center updates will be available at http://newsroom.cumc.columbia.edu/blog/2016/01/22/winter-storm-update-2/. We encourage all members of the community to use these resources.
For assistance with campus and building services, contact Facilities at 212-854-2222 at the Morningside campus and 212-305-HELP at the Medical Center. To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555 at Morningside and 212-305-7979 at the Medical Center. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
For the latest information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/severeweather/index.page
- The MTA website: www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov
Please stay safe, exercise caution and allow extra time if you need to travel.