Snow Alert and Gate Closures, 1/9/2015
The NYC Department of Sanitation has issued a snow alert for Friday, January 9, at 5 AM. Snow accumulation totals are anticipated between a half an inch to 1 inch of snow. Light accumulation is possible into the afternoon hours, with dry conditions forecast for tonight. No significant accumulation is expected after 9 AM.
As a result, the following Morningside campus gates are closed for snow removal and icy conditions:
- College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam)
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building is now closed due to hazardous conditions. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Please protect yourself and exercise caution as you travel today.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website: www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/