Final Update on Winter Storm
The snow has tapered off and snow removal crews are working hard to clear pathways across campus. Thank you to all University staff whose dedication and hard work is enabling us to work through the storm in order to quickly resume normal operations. While the snow has stopped, temperatures are dropping. We urge caution when traveling through campus.
If you see any unsafe condition such as icy walkways or falling ice from nearby buildings, please report them immediately by calling 4-2222 at the Morningside campus or 305-HELP (305-4357), option 3 at CUMC.
We have the following additions to this afternoon’s update.
Morningside Campus Updates
While we anticipate a resumption of normal activities on campus tomorrow, some peripheral gate closures on the Morningside campus may still be in place in the morning as snow removal is completed.
The following gates are currently closed and may remain closed into tomorrow:
- College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam). College Walk main gates will remain open.
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building will be closed due to hazardous conditions. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
- CUMC Student Health Services—including Primary Care Medical Services, Mental Health Services, the Center for Student Wellness, and Administrative & Insurance Services—closed today at 4 p.m. If you are a CUMC student in need of urgent medical advice, please call Student Health Services at 212-305-3400, and select option 7 for emergency telephone consultations.
- The Bard Athletic Center will close today at 8 p.m.; the Bard Athletic Center pool closed at 3 p.m.
- The CUMC Student Meal Plan, managed by the Faculty Club, will operate as regularly scheduled this evening from 5 p.m. until 7:15 p.m. in the Bard Hall Ballroom.
- The Intercampus Shuttle is resuming operations, with some delays expected due to road conditions. You can use TransLoc online to follow the location of shuttles or download the app.
- The Evening Shuttle will also be operating this evening.
- The Arbor shuttle will resume at 5 p.m. today, following a holiday schedule.
- Currently, MTA subway and bus, and regional commuter rail lines and bus services are operating with some delays and reduction in service. The LIRR has also canceled 20 evening rush hour trains. Check with your transportation provider for current service updates.
If more updates become available, we will continue to post new information to the Columbia Preparedness website.