Normal Operations Anticipated for 2/5/14
February 4, 2014 - 3:30 p.m.
We anticipate the University will be open for normal operations tomorrow, February 5, but we urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed by checking www.columbia.edu for updates. Please exercise caution and dress in warm layers when traveling or going outside.
The Emergency Management Operations Team is closely monitoring the approaching storm. The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm warning from midnight tonight to 6 p.m. tomorrow, February 5, predicting a wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain throughout the evening and into tomorrow.
Morningside Campus Information
- Classes and events are proceeding as scheduled, but we advise students and members of the University community to confirm specific details with faculty or event sponsors if necessary.
We anticipate gate closures around the campus perimeter for snow removal. Currently, the following gates and stairways remain closed:
- The CEPSR 120th Street gate is closed
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building is closed due to hazardous conditions. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
- For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
- Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call 212-854-2222, 24 hours a day.
Columbia University Medical Center Information
- CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 212-305-HELP or email email@example.com. For Public Safety, dial 212-305-8100 for routine matters or 212-305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
- Updates for the CUMC community will be posted and updated at http://bit.ly/CUMC_Advisory.
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
The New York City Severe Weather website:
The MTA website:
The National Weather Service website:
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/ and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
Stay safe and warm.