Normal Operations Anticipated for 2/13/14
February 12, 2014 - 3:36 p.m.
The Emergency Management Operations Team is closely monitoring the winter storm predicted for Thursday, February 13.
While we expect to have normal operations tomorrow, February 13, 2014, the weather conditions may slow the normal commute. Please plan extra time and exercise caution as you travel to campus tomorrow. We urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions as the storm progresses.
Morningside Campus Updates
Classes and events are expected to proceed as scheduled tomorrow, February 13.
- We advise students and members of the University community to confirm specific details with faculty or event sponsors if necessary.
The following Morningside campus gates will be closed tomorrow, February 13, for snow removal and icy conditions:
- College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building will be closed. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Please note the following Columbia Transportation updates:
- All shuttles will be in service but we anticipate delays.
- For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
- Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call 212-854-2222, 24 hours a day.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
- CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 212-305-HELP or email email@example.com. For Public Safety, dial 212-305-8100 for routine matters or 212-305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
- Updates for the CUMC community will be posted and updated at http://bit.ly/CUMC_Advisory.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
The New York City Severe Weather website:
The MTA website:
The National Weather Service website:
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/ and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
Again, please use caution when traveling, and dress in warm layers if you need to be outside.