Home › Preparing for Winter Storm - 2/8/2013, 1:15 p.m.
Preparing for Winter Storm - 2/8/2013, 1:15 p.m.
posted 2/7/2013, 6:35 p.m., UPDATED 2/8/2013, 1:15 p.m.
A winter storm is affecting the Greater New York area today and tomorrow. We will continue to share information as the situation develops.
- Columbia Transportation will be suspending service on the Lamont shuttle this afternoon. To accommodate Lamont’s early closing, the final shuttle from Morningside to Lamont will leave campus at 3:00 p.m. That bus will also provide the last transportation out of Lamont and back to Morningside at 4:00 p.m.
- Weather conditions are likely to affect travel. Please plan extra time if travel is necessary.
- We anticipate gate closures during snow removal operations around the periphery of the Morningside campus on Friday and Saturday, depending on snow accumulations. We will share this information with you as it becomes available.
- Columbia University Facilities will be available Friday and throughout the weekend to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222. The Hartley Hospitality Desk will also be open this weekend, (212) 854-2779.
- To report an emergency on campus please call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For medical or off-campus emergencies, please call 911.
For more information on storm preparedness for yourself and your family, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/