Normal Operations for Evening of 2/2/15 and 2/3/15
2/2/15; 4:20 p.m.
Dear Columbia Community,
The Emergency Management Operations Team continues to monitor the latest forecast for winter weather. At this time, normal operations will continue into this evening and the University anticipates normal operations tomorrow, February 3, 2015.
While classes and events are proceeding as scheduled, we advise students and members of the University community to confirm specific details with faculty or event sponsors if necessary.
We urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions as the storm progresses. Please exercise caution and dress in warm layers when traveling or going outside.
Please check the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/, and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu, for updates.
The following Morningside campus gates will remain closed until further notice for snow removal and icy conditions:
• College Walk pedestrian gates (both Broadway and Amsterdam). College Walk main gates will remain open.
• Chapel gate
• Earl Hall gate
• CEPSR 120th Street gate
• The exterior staircase at the Northwest Corner Building. Please use the interior route as an alternative.
Please note the following Columbia Transportation updates:
• University shuttles will be operating but may experience weather-related delays. For up-to-the-minute information on the status and location of the Intercampus Shuttle, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu/.
To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call 212-854-2222, 24 hours a day.
Columbia University Medical Center Updates
CUMC Facilities Operations and CUMC Public Safety are available to assist with campus, building, or other issues that may arise. For Facilities, please call 212-305-HELP or email email@example.com. For Public Safety, call 212-305-8100 for routine matters or 212-305-7979 for an on-campus emergency.
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
• The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
• The MTA website: www.mta.info
• The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/, and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
Remember, exercise caution if you need to travel, and dress in warm layers if you need to be outside.
Executive Vice President, Columbia University Facilities and Operations
On Behalf of the Emergency Management Operations