Monitoring Winter Weather, 1/23/15
January 23, 2015, 3:15 p.m.
A winter storm is forecast to affect the Greater New York area tonight and tomorrow morning. The Emergency Management Operations Team is monitoring the situation and will continue to provide updates to the Columbia community if the need arises. We currently anticipate normal operations for Saturday, January 24.
We urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions as the storm approaches. Please protect yourself and exercise caution if you need to travel during inclement weather.
Campus Events and Transportation:
- For news and updates about Athletics events, please visit: http://www.gocolumbialions.com/
- For Columbia Transportation updates, please visit http://transportation.columbia.edu
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website: www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/ and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.