Hurricane Sandy Update, 10/30/2012, 10:45 a.m.
(posted Monday, 10/29/2012 8:10 p.m., updated Tuesday, 10/30/2012. 10:45 a.m.)
As announced earlier, all classes and events at Columbia University are cancelled on Tuesday (10/30/2012). This includes all campuses.
Students should check their individual school websites for additional information.
Non-essential personnel are not required to report to work on Tuesday.
We continue to urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions, keep windows closed, and remain indoors if possible.
Morningside Campus Updates for Tuesday, October 30
- Morningside campus gates have reopened as of 10:45 Tuesday morning.
- For those who are on campus, buildings are operating on a holiday schedule, and members of the community will need their University ID Cards for access.
- Columbia Transportation has suspended service on all shuttles.
- Columbia Dining is operating on a revised schedule. John Jay is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday.
- The Housing Hospitality Desk in Hartley Hall continues to be available 24 hours a day at (212) 854-2779.
- Columbia Health has revised hours. Medical Services and Counseling and Psychological Services will have limited walk-in hours for urgent care from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in John Jay Hall on Tuesday. Regularly scheduled hours have been preempted by the hurricane and existing appointments will be rescheduled. Students may communicate with their providers via secure messaging. In an emergency please use the contact information below. The Columbia University Emergency Medical Service, CU-EMS, will remain in service to manage any emergencies.
- Library Status: Butler Library remains open for a study space, but all other library facilities are closed Tuesday.
- The Dodge Fitness Center was closed as of 5:00 p.m. Sunday and will remain closed all day Tuesday, except for limited Athletics department activities.
- Lerner Hall will be open Tuesday, but the student Package Center is closed, and administrative mail is suspended.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For off-campus emergencies, please call 911. Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222, 24 hours a day.