Classes and Events Cancelled Tuesday, 10/30/2012
(posted Monday, 10/29/2012 2:45 p.m., updated 5:50 p.m.)
In light of the continued effects of Hurricane Sandy, the University is cancelling classes and events at all campuses on Tuesday
Students should check their individual school websites for additional information.
As Hurricane Sandy's effects intensify, we continue to urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions, keep windows closed, and remain indoors if possible in light of predicted high winds and heavy rains in the hours ahead.
Morningside Campus Updates for Monday, October 29, 5:50 p.m.
In response to the increasing intensity of the storm, a number of Morningside gates have been closed:
- South and North Pedestrian Gates on College Walk (Main Gates remain open);
- Chapel Gate;
- Earl Hall Gate;
- 120th Street gate;
Wien Double large gates (the pedestrian gate remains open.)
Please use alternate entrances to campus, including the Northwest Corner Building and staircase.
- For those who are on campus, buildings are operating on a holiday schedule, and members of the community will need their University ID Cards for access.
- Columbia Transportation has suspended service on all shuttles.
- Columbia Dining is operating on a revised schedule. John Jay is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.
- The Housing Hospitality Desk in Hartley Hall continues to be available 24 hours a day at (212) 854-2779.
- Columbia Health has revised hours. Medical Services and Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) closed at 2:00 p.m. Monday; Tuesday hours will be announced soon. In an emergency please use the contact information below.
- Library Status: Butler Library remains open for a study space, but all other library facilities are closed Monday and Tuesday.
- The Dodge Fitness Center was closed as of 5:00 p.m. Sunday and will remain closed all day Monday and Tuesday, except for limited Athletics department activities.
- Lerner Hall is open Monday and Tuesday, but the student Package Center is closed, and administrative mail is suspended.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For off-campus emergencies, please call 911. Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222, 24 hours a day.