Hurricane Sandy Update, 10/29/2012, 1:35 p.m.
The Emergency Management Operations Team continues to monitor Hurricane Sandy’s effects. As announced earlier, all classes and events are cancelled on Monday (10/29/2012). This includes all campuses.
The status of classes and operations for Tuesday (10/30) is now being evaluated in light of State and City decision-making about transit and other essential services. We encourage you to check back here for updates Monday afternoon.
As Hurricane Sandy's effects intensify, we continue to urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions, keep windows closed, and remain indoors if possible in light of predicted high winds and heavy rains in the hours ahead.
We will continue to share news as the situation develops.
Morningside Campus Service Updates for Monday, October 29, 1:35 p.m.
- For those who are on campus, buildings are operating on a holiday schedule, and members of the community will need their University ID Cards for access.
- Columbia Transportation has suspended service on all shuttles.
- Columbia Dining is operating on a revised schedule. John Jay is open from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The Housing Hospitality Desk in Hartley Hall continues to be available 24 hours a day at (212) 854-2779.
- Columbia Health has revised hours. Medical Services and Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) will be closing at 2:00 p.m. today. The on-campus ambulance service (known as CU-EMS) remains available on the Morningside campus 24 hours a day.
- Library Status: Butler Library remains open for a study space, but all other library facilities are closed.
- The Dodge Fitness Center was closed as of 5:00 p.m. Sunday and will remain closed all day Monday. Athletics is also canceling all practices and all athletics-related transportation until further notice.
- Lerner Hall is open but the student Package Center is closed, and administrative mail is suspended.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For off-campus emergencies, please call 911. Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222, 24 hours a day.