Hurricane Sandy Update - 10/28/2012, 9:45 p.m.
As announced earlier, all classes and events are cancelled on Monday (10/29/2012). This includes all campuses. Students should check their individual school websites for additional information.
Essential personnel should make every effort to report to work and should contact their supervisors with any questions.
We continue to urge all members of the Columbia community to stay informed about conditions, exercise caution if travel is necessary, keep windows closed, and remain indoors if possible in light of predicted high winds and heavy rains.
We will provide an additional update by noon Monday.
Morningside Campus Service Updates
- Columbia Transportation has suspended service on the Intercampus, Lamont-Doherty and Ft. Lee shuttles.
- Columbia Dining is operating on a revised schedule.
- The Housing Hospitality Desk in Hartley Hall continues to be available 24 hours a day at (212) 854-2779.
- Columbia Health has revised hours. Medical Services and Counseling and Psychological Services (CPS) will be open on a limited basis in John Jay Hall, 3rd Floor from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- The Dodge Fitness Center is closed as of 5:00 p.m. Sunday and will remain closed all day Monday. Athletics is also canceling all practices and all athletics-related transportation until further notice.
- Lerner Hall will be open but the student Package Center is closed, and administrative mail is suspended.
- To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at (212) 854-5555. For off-campus emergencies, please call 911. Facilities continues to be available at Morningside to assist with campus and building services. To contact the Facilities Services Center, call (212) 854-2222, 24 hours a day.