Winter Storm Update, 2/3/2014
The Emergency Management Operations Team is closely monitoring today’s winter storm. The National Weather Service forecast predicts accumulations of snow and ice throughout the day.
Due to icy conditions, the following Morningside campus gates are closed:
- College Walk pedestrian gates at Amsterdam Avenue and Broadway
- Chapel gate
- Earl Hall gate
- CEPSR 120th Street gate
- Northwest Corner Building exterior staircase at 120th Street
For More Information
For more information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website:http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/nycsevereweather/weather_home.shtml
- The MTA website:www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website:http://www.weather.gov/
As the situation changes, we will continue to update the Columbia Preparedness website, http://preparedness.columbia.edu/and the Columbia homepage, www.columbia.edu. The Columbia University Medical Center homepage, www.cumc.columbia.edu, will also be updated. Alternatively, you may call 212-854-1754 for the Morningside campus or 212-305-7300 for the Medical Center.
Please exercise caution if you need to travel, and dress in warm layers if you need to be outside.