Winter Weather Update, 2/5/2016
Friday, February 5, 2016, 11:15 a.m.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for New York City until noon today, Friday, February 5, 2016. The forecast calls for moderate snow accumulation of 3-5 inches with reduced visibilities and hazardous road conditions. The Emergency Management Operations Team is actively monitoring conditions.
Most gates at Morningside are open, as Facilities Operations continues to work on snow removal:
- College Walk East (Amsterdam) - the Center and North gates are open and walkways are clear; the southern pedestrian gate is closed but walkway is clear.
- College Walk West (Broadway)- the Center and North gates are open and walkways are clear; the southern pedestrian gate is closed but walkway is clear.
Please stay safe, exercise caution and allow extra time if you need to travel.
For assistance with campus and building services, contact Facilities at 212-854-2222 at Morningside, and 212-305-HELP at the Medical Center.
To report an emergency on campus, call Public Safety at 212-854-5555 at Morningside and 212-305-7979 at the Medical Center. For off-campus health or safety emergencies, please call 911.
For the latest information on weather and transit, please visit:
- The New York City Severe Weather website: http://www1.nyc.gov/site/severeweather/index.page
- The MTA website: www.mta.info
- The National Weather Service website: http://www.weather.gov